Are you tired of the morning rush and chaos in your house? Do your kids refuse to eat breakfast or complain about the same old cereal daily? Well, worry no more!
We have rounded up 5 quick and easy vegetarian breakfast ideas that will save you time and excite and satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Say goodbye to fuss in the morning and say hello to happy tummies with these delicious recipes.
If you’re looking for quick and easy vegetarian breakfast ideas for your kids, you’ve come to the right place. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so it’s important to ensure your kids get enough nutrients to start their day off right. These breakfast ideas are not only nutritious, but they’re also kid-friendly and can be easily made ahead of time.
1. Overnight oats: Oats are a great source of fibre and protein and can be easily prepared beforehand. Add milk or yogurt, fruit, nuts or seeds to a jar of oats and let them soak overnight in the fridge. In the morning, you have to give them a good stir, and they’re ready to eat.
2. Breakfast burrito: Wrap up some scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, and diced veggies in a whole wheat tortilla for a hearty breakfast that’s easy to eat on the go. You can even make these ahead of time and reheat them in the microwave for a quick breakfast option.
3. Smoothie: Start your day with a healthy smoothie made with fresh fruits and vegetables, yogurt or milk, and some honey or maple syrup for sweetness. Throw everything into a blender and blend until smooth. Add a handful of nuts or seeds if you need an extra energy boost.
4. Fruit salad: Try a fruit salad if you want something lighter. Chop up your favourite fruits, such as bananas, apples, and berries, and mix them with a bit of honey or yogurt. This is also a great way for your kids to eat more fruit.
5. Toast: Toast is a classic breakfast food easy to make and customized with different toppings. Spread peanut butter or almond butter on whole wheat toast for extra protein or with sliced bananas or berries for sweetness. You can even add a cinnamon sprinkle for extra flavour.
Whatever option you choose, these vegetarian breakfast ideas will make your mornings stress-free and delicious!
1. Overnight oats are a healthy, hearty breakfast that can be made ahead of time and easily customized to your child’s liking.
2. To make overnight oats, combine rolled oats, milk, and any desired toppings in a jar or container the night before. In the morning, give the oats a good stir and enjoy!
3. Overnight oats are a great way to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your child’s breakfast routine. Add some grated carrot or zucchini for extra nutrients, or top with fresh berries or sliced bananas for sweetness.
4. Need help deciding what toppings to use? Get creative and let your child choose their mix-ins! Some other ideas include chopped nuts, seeds, dried fruit, nut butter, yogurt, or honey.
5. Overnight oats are an easy and healthy breakfast that can be made ahead of time and enjoyed the next morning. With endless topping combinations, your child will love this tasty breakfast!
Banana Pancakes with Nut Butter
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 ripe bananas, mashed
-1 egg, beaten
-1/4 cup milk
-3 tbsp butter, melted
-3 tbsp nut butter (peanut, almond or cashew butter)
-Maple syrup or honey for serving
1. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. In another bowl, mash the bananas and stir in the egg and milk.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter into the pan for each pancake. Cook for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
5. Serve with nut butter and maple syrup or honey.
Veggie Scramble and Toast
This is a great option for kids who love veggies. Scramble some eggs and add in any vegetables you have on hand. Serve with toast for a complete meal.
Who doesn’t love a parfait? They are healthy, filling, and can be made ahead of time. I like to make a big batch of yogurt parfaits on the weekend, and then we have them ready to go all week long. You’re ready to layer yogurt, fruit, and granola in a jar or cup!
Smoothie bowls are a delicious and easy way for your kids to eat their veggies in the morning. Blend some fruits and vegetables with water or juice, pour into a bowl, and top with your child’s favourite toppings. We like to top ours with granola, nuts, and seeds for a filling breakfast that will keep our little ones going until lunchtime.
With these five vegetarian breakfast ideas for kids, you can make mornings easier and less stressful. From overnight oats to egg muffins, there are plenty of healthy options that your children will love.
Not only is this an easy way to get them to eat more fruits and veggies in the morning, but also it will leave everyone feeling nourished and energized for the day ahead. So don’t stress about what’s for breakfast – try one of these delicious vegetarian recipes today!